This is good. It’s really good. I have been jumping around trying out all sorts of custom ROMs for the past few months and finally stumbled upon InsertCoin’s Sense 2.1 + 3.0GB.
My phone is now riding on the latest Gingerbread and the new HTC Sense!
When I first got the ROM, it as tagged at version 22 but there’s new version being released to the public almost everyday as the development peaks at the moment. Note that the versioning number went on from 22 to 30 then the team decided to tagged it as 1.0.0 as a stable release. The latest version at the time of writing is 1.0.3.
I truly appreciate the efforts made by the development team in making the HTC Desire a better phone to be used.
Here’s what we got!
- Latest ACE S 2.36.8
- Busybox – Latest
- LZMA Compressed Kernel – thanks snq-
- Hacked OC/UV kernel. – thanks snq-
- Full EXT2/3/4 Support thanks snq-
- Full Working Camera including 720p – huge thanks snq-, he is a god
- CRT TV Animations – thanks capychimp & robocik
- Super Big More Quick Settings, with Task Manager – thanks robocik and capychimp
- Sense 3.0 insertions – thanks capychimp & robocik
- Sense 3.0 Weather Sounds
- Sense 3.0 super nice lockscreen
- Sense 3.0 Wallpapers
- Sense 3.0 Streak Live wallpaper
- Sense 3.0 Usb Menu
- Sense 3.0 Task Managerk manager, Brightness Level, Audio Level – thanks robocik
- Latest Market Apps Version
- More Locale
- Market Access
- optimization for speed and less memory usage
Forget about the long list, if they don’t make any sense to you. See some of the screenshots I got from my phone, and, compare to what you are getting in yours.
I had enough of the rumors and wait of official new releases being made by HTC for countless months, the custom development of ROMs is truly benefiting the masses. Of course, it requires a little bit of reading and technical know how before one jumps into rooting and flashing the phone. I would highly recommend this piece of ROM to all of you if you are currently seeking to better empower your device!
I must write it down somewhere before I start forgetting things. By far, I have tried multiple custom ROMs and here’s what I’m experiencing.
It only stayed in my phone for 2 days. My battery drops over 15% over the night. Strange. So, I moved on. There have been lots of intensive development going on to date though.
2. RCMix HD
Started with A2SD variant. Internal memory is not reporting correctly.
Then, I moved on to try with the D2EXT variant, it worked great, but entered bootloop and got into gabp, google service framework error and so on. calendar memory clean up helped abit but problem re-occur. Gave up even after discovered version 3.01 that supposed to solve the bootloop issue.
3. And again, updated my phone with newer and newer version of RCMix HD. I tried all sorts of variants. Rotating, DeSensenized and so on. At the moment, I’m using RCMIxHD_v3.6.1_ROT_D2EXT but I’m always still on the lookout for newer, better ROM in the community.
Thanks xda-developers and it’s strong community for all the fantastic ROMs.
If you happened to have rooted your phone and flashed with a custom ROM, the EXT partition in your external card would’ve been used together as its internal memory.
And if your newly flashed ROM is showing weird figures in your internal storage when you have more than 1GB allocated in your EXT partition like what’s shown in the screenshot of my phone below. You are at the right place.
I have only 31.75MB left which is very wrong. I have allocated 1.5GB in my EXT partition. Well, there’s a way to find it out. If you are running on Linux then it’s pretty easy to find out. I’ll show you how to do it in uBuntu.
How to check space available in EXT partition of the external card of the phone
- Restart your phone into recovery mode. (I’m assuming that you are using clockmod).
- Go to mounts and storage, pick mount USB storage.
- Plug your phone into your laptop that’s running a Linux OS, in my case, Ubuntu. 2 drives will be mounted. One would be the normal FAT32 storage and the other one would be the EXT partition that we are looking for. Hit on it and things would be crystal clear.
- When you are done, just hit on the selection on your phone again to unmount.
There we go! 1GB free!